Saturday, December 3, 2011

BAKERY DELIGHTS IN OCEAN SPRINGS!

Need a fresh hot loaf of french bread?  How about a hot doughnut?  What about a cupcake?  Well, I have found a few great places that will meet your needs........A short drive led me to an old but delicious standby...
Tatonut Doughnuts on Government Street.  Tatonut has been in business for years and is a clear local favorite.The fav doughnut here is the glazed and somewhere between 200-400 dozen per day are sold. 

Claim to fame and I agree!
Are you hungry yet?
There is usually a line out the door, especially Fridays and the locals gather for coffee in the small shop, hashing out local politics and the weather....nothing beats a warm, doughy, sweet Tatonut doughnut!!!

I left the yumminess of Tatonut and headed down Highway 90 to a new bakery.......  Torta Dolce Bakery has been open about 3-4 months and business is good! 
List of Deliciousness!
I stopped by and the first thing I noticed were the inexpensive loaves of fresh baked bread and biscotti on the rack out front...The clerk behind the counter told me besides the breads, the bakery produces cakes, cannoli, croissants, Belgian waffles, cookies and pastries, including cinnamon rolls which is one of the most popular items......in fact, the cinnamon rolls are also found in the CINNAMON ROLL BREAD PUDDING!!!!! No, I did not get to try it.... I was too anxious to buy the hot bread and jump in the car and leave so I could stuff big hunks of it in my mouth!!!  Torta Dolce is open on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.....at 7AM...stop on your way to work.....Beignets are served Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 - 1 p.m. 1614 Bienville Blvd.  (same shopping center as Red Zone Grille)......like them on facebook at Torta Dolce Bakery

 Ever have a taste for cake, but don't really want a whole cake, well what about a cupcake? My last stop is a cute bakery in East Ocean Springs at the entrance to Gulf Park Estates, Buzzin' Bee Cakes.  They specialize in decorated birthday cakes, special occasion cakes and wedding cakes....But they usually always have a display of cupcakes for purchase.......
White Almond cupcakes are most popular...... 


Local baked goods always taste so much better than the prefab stuff at the big box store and they are made with ingredients you can pronounce like......BUTTER....... FLOUR......SUGAR........support these hardworking bakers..................Buy their yummy stuff!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is a cool blog and I will be following you. I have resolved to be more social and will try to learn to text. got yours and plan to visit in January. also liked your comments re; 13TH CHECK.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother recommended I would possibly like this web site. He was once entirely right. This submit truly made my day. You can not consider just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thank you! Best Persian Supermarket

    ReplyDelete